Indian Institute of Technology Mumbai Eyantra Robotics Competition 2016
e-Yantra Robotics Competition (eYRC) is a unique annual competition for undergraduate students in Engineering/ Science/ Polytechnic colleges. Indian Institute of Technology Mumbai Eyantra Robotics Competition 2016.The competition has evolved over the years to include more number of teams by introducing different Tracks in the competition. Currently in its fifth edition, eYRC-2016 introduces three Tracks – all Tracks are conducted in parallel and Finals for all Tracks are planned to be held at IIT Bombay in March 2017. Each Track may contain one or more Themes – problem statements abstracted into a game rule book. Details will be disclosed after the selection test
Students participate as a team of four– with each team member taking the test simultaneously. A team’s selection test score is used to determine eligibility of the team to participate in the competition. A Team’s selection test score along with other factors such as participation of team member/s in the past competitions may be used to assign Tracks and Themes to the team. e-Yantra holds complete discretion in the selection and Track/Theme assignment processes.
The winners of this competition are eligible for a summer internship at IITB through the e-Yantra Summer Internship Program (eYSIP).
- The competition is open for registration to full time Engineering/ Science/ Polytechnic college students who are studying in universities/ colleges, for a degree in any discipline.
- Each team must have four members.
- All members of a team must belong to the same college/institution. However team members may belong to different disciplines and years of study.
- Each student can join only one team.
- One member of the team should be designated as the team leader, who is responsible for all communications with e-Yantra.
- e-Yantra’s decision is final should there be any dispute.
What is the aim of this project?
The objective is to provide hands-on learning to engineering students who have limited access to labs and mentors. The goal is to create the next generation of (Embedded systems) engineers in India with a practical outlook to take on challenging problems and provide solutions.
Steps For Registration
Step 1: Team Details
To start with the registration process, you need to create a team of 4 students consisting of 1 Team Leader and 3 Team Members from the same College. Fill in the details on the left side form to get started on your journey in e-Yantra Robotics Competition (eYRC-2016).
Details required for completing Step 1 of the registration process are as follows:
- State: Select the state where your college is situated.
- College Name: Select the college name from the drop down list. If your college name does not appear in the list of colleges, please click on the “Add new College” button provided on the registration page and fill in the details of your college. We will add your college to our database within 24 hours.
- Full Name: Fill in the full names of all team members. Note that the names as given will be used in all communications including certificates(if issued).
- e-mail: Fill in the correct e-mail ids of all team members; these are used for verification. Each team member should register with only one email id and should be part of ONLY ONE Team. Failure to comply with this rule will lead to disqualification of the teams having a duplicate team member.
- Contact: Fill in the contact numbers for all the team members. Please make sure that the contact numbers are active for the duration of the competition.
- Make sure that all team members read the “Terms & Conditions” and agree to abide by them; Check the “I agree” button on behalf of your team members for participating in the competition.
- Click on “Register” below.
All the team members receive a Registration email from e-Yantra containing their login credentials and a verification link which is used for the next step.
Step 2: Verification
All the team members need to verify their email ids by clicking on the “Activate and Login” button in the Registration email sent by e-Yantra.
Step 3: Member Details
All the team members need to login at http://portal.e-yantra.org using their own credentials that they received in the Registration email and fill their details in the“Profile page”.
Step 4: Team Photo
The Team Leader needs to upload a scanned image of College Identity Cards of all the 4 team members on the “Team Photo” Page after logging in at http://portal.e-yantra.org. Details for uploading the photo are given in the“Team Photo” Page.